Avoid common relationship pitfalls and build a true connection even while you’re far apart.
Tips and questions to give you the insights and skills you need to build a great relationship long distance.
A great and quick read. I loved it, it was fast and funny. She gets to the heart of the matter and gives you plenty of food for thought.”
What People Are Saying:
“Lisa is such a delightfully and brutally honest writer! For someone who is just starting to be overwhelmed by the ins and outs of long-distance this read was so helpful. I appreciate her honesty about the pros and cons of long-distance relationships, the good and bad habits that tend to develop, the red flags to watch out for, and the personal stories she includes as illustrations throughout.Michelle M.
“My husband and I started dating long distance (after being in-person friends for many years) and Lisa’s resources have always been phenomenal when it comes to LDRs. I was ecstatic to read this latest book, it is full of fabulous strategies/tips that REALLY work … and I love the questions that Lisa asks with each strategy – they really help the reader think through their own personal LDR. Love this book and I am recommending it to friends!”Amanda C.
About FROM STRANGER TO LOVER
Can you really build a good relationship at a distance?
Yes you can… but it really helps if you establish healthy patterns in your relationship right from the beginning.
From Stranger To Lover is designed to give you the insight and skills needed to build a great relationship long distance – a relationship so strong that it will “go the distance”.
If you’re in a brand new relationship this book will help you avoid common LDR mistakes such as idealizing, rushing intimacy, and coming across as too needy.
If you’re in a more established relationship, the book will help you identify strengths and weaknesses in your relationship and think of new and creative ways to connect.
What does the book cover?
- How the halo effect intensifies idealization.
- Why so many LDRs begin with casual, hasty intimacy.
- Why healthy boundaries are so important and how to establish them.
- Signs your partner might be cheating on you and other non-verbal signals you can read across distance.
- Tools to help you avoid miscommunications and resolve conflict.
- How to build your love map and creative ways to connect.
- Critical considerations for first meetings and before you move, and more…
FREE BONUS: The CHEAT SHEET
There are some problems and questions that crop up all the time when people are worried about their relationship. Here are ten of them:
- “Why does it take so long for him to answer my text or call?”
- “Something has changed. We used to talk all the time, but now we don’t. What’s going on?”
- “I lied to her. How can I tell her?”
- “I see photos of my boyfriend on Instagram with some of his friends that make me nervous. Am I being paranoid or should I be worried?”
- “Are they just telling me what I want to hear?”
- “My boyfriend has cheated before. Does that mean he’ll do it again?”
- “Some days she’s distant. Other days she makes me feel on top of the world. What does that mean?
- “She won’t video chat with me. What’s going on?”
- “Why doesn’t he want to visit?”
- “She wants to keep our relationship a secret. What’s up with that?”
In this bonus “cheat sheet” I share ten real life examples of these problems and answer their questions. Learn from other people’s experiences, and hear my straight-shooting thoughts and advice about what it all means, and what you can do in these situations.