401 ways to make talking together
FUN and EASY.
These questions will spark fresh conversations, make you laugh, and help you get to know one another better.
“I was surprised at how many questions we found here that we had never before addressed. Answering them little by little has added a fresh sense of intimacy.”
What People Are Saying:
“Long ago, I took a solemn vow to collect interesting questions and this book is a huge asset in that collection. I feel like a coin collector who just inherited his great uncle’s million dollar collection…”Ella (Amazon Reviewer)
“I was looking for some new ideas and things to talk about with my husband. I really enjoyed this book. We’d already covered some of these questions, but many helped us talk about new things even after a decade of marriage.”Tanya Spencer (Amazon Reviewer)
“Loved this! We would read some questions each time we talked on the phone. These questions range from light-hearted to serious questions that really make you think. There are even a few that may have you saying, “Oh my! Can I really say that?”
Mr. HoneyBunny (Amazon Reviewer)
More About This Book
Do you ever wonder what to ask your partner apart from, “How was your day?”
Whether an ocean or a dinner table separates you, this book will…
- Spark fresh conversations and make you laugh
- Help you learn a lot of new things about each other (yes, no matter how long you’ve been together)
- Make talking together easy and fun
- Help you talk about topics you’ve been nervous to bring up
- Draw you closer together and build the kind of intimacy that really matters—the kind that lasts
Why asking good questions is a superpower
Think about someone you want to have a better, closer, relationship with. Maybe they are someone you’ve recently started dating. Maybe you’ve already been married to them for a decade. Maybe they are a good friend.
In every scenario, there is one superpower skill that will help you get to know this person better—something that will encourage them to relax and open up, share honestly, and deepen and strengthen your relationship.
That superpower skill is “asking good questions”. When you ask and answer thoughtful questions, you can:
- Learn what makes someone tick, and how you are similar and different to them in important ways
- Avoid some painful misunderstandings and miscommunications
- Identify likely areas of tension or conflict before they catch you by surprise
- Learn to talk through disagreements in ways that help you, rather than hurt you
- Build a strong sense of security, love, and trust
One minute to download = dozens of fun date nights
The questions in this book are organized into 19 chapters for easy reference. Here is a peek at the first six chapters:
- For Fun: Desert Island And What If? Light-hearted questions that ask you to dream, play, imagine and laugh.
- Today: A dozen alternatives to: “How was your day?”
- Life Right Now: About who you are right now in life.
- What Do You Think? What you think about life, love, lying, and everything in between.
- Tell Them: A chance to share your own thoughts and memories… about them.
- Highlights and Lowlights: About the extremes—the highs and lows—of life.
Additional chapters will help you explore childhood, your family, your work, study and passions, stress, the future, and more.
FREE BONUS: Ten Games To Get You Talking
401 Great Discussion Questions can keep you talking, laughing, thinking, and sharing for hours. But just in case using a book of discussion questions feels strange, or you’re not sure where to start, we’ve included a free bonus for you.
Ten Games To Get You Talking gives you ten fun ways to use this book.
Playing one of these games can banish any weirdness. It will allow you both to relax and enjoy connecting, sharing, and growing closer in all the ways that matter most.
About The Authors
Lisa McKay is a psychologist and a long-distance relationship veteran. She is also the award-winning author of the memoir Love At The Speed Of Email. She is the founder of Modern Love Long Distance, and is passionate about providing quality tools to help people thrive in long distance relationships. She is married to Michael Wolfe.
Michael Wolfe is an engineer and a long-distance relationship veteran. During his career as a humanitarian worker he has lived in Tajikistan, Uganda, Sri Lanka, Papua New Guinea, and Laos. He is passionate about sustainable development and working alongside locals to alleviate poverty.
Lisa, Mike, and their two little boys currently live in Port Vila, Vanuatu.