From Stranger to Lover: 16 Strategies For Building A Great Relationship Long Distance
Avoid common relationship pitfalls and build a true connection even while you’re far apart…
In a long distance relationship..? Avoid common relationship pitfalls and build a true connection even while you’re far apart.
- The wonderful news: You’ve met someone who might just be perfect for you.
- The catch: They live in a different city, state, or country.
- The million-dollar question: Can you really build a good relationship at a distance?
The answer? Yes you can… but it really helps if you establish healthy patterns in your relationship right from the beginning.
From Stranger To Lover is designed to give you the insight and skills needed to build a great relationship long distance – a relationship so strong that it will “go the distance”.
If you’re in a brand new relationship this book will help you avoid common LDR mistakes such as idealizing, rushing intimacy, and coming across as too needy.
If you’re in an established relationship, the book will help you identify strengths and weaknesses in your relationship and think of new ways and creative ways to connect.
What does this book cover?
- How the halo effect intensifies idealization.
- Why so many LDRs begin with casual, hasty intimacy.
- Why healthy boundaries are so important and how to establish them.
- Signs your partner might be cheating on you and other non-verbal signals you can read across distance.
- Tools to help you avoid miscommunications and resolve conflict.
- How to build your love map and creative ways to connect.
- Critical considerations for first meetings and before you move, and more…
BONUS MATERIAL: As a free bonus, this edition also includes detailed instructions for 2 fun activities to help couples get to know one another better. These activities will help you discover and discuss your personal strengths and your typical approaches to conflict.
Praise for From Stranger To Lover
“Lisa is such a delightfully and brutally honest writer, and from Stranger to Lover is no exception! For someone who is just starting to learn and be overwhelmed by the ins and outs of long-distance…this read was so helpful. I appreciate her honesty about the pros and cons of long-distance relationships, the good and bad habits that tend to develop in them, the red flags to watch out for, the personal stories she includes as illustrations throughout.” (Michelle McNeil)
“My husband and I started dating long distance (after being in-person friends and far away friends for many years) and Lisa’s resources have always been phenomenal when it comes to LDR’s. I was ecstatic to read this latest book and I am recommending it to friends who are currently in LDR’s or may be considering it. This book is full of fabulous strategies/tips that REALLY work … and I love the questions that Lisa asks with each strategy – they really help the reader think through their own personal LDR. Love this book!” (Amanda Cottrell)