401 Great Discussion Questions for Couples in Long Distance Relationships
401 fun discussion questions to help couples and friends get to know one another better. Questions span topics related to childhood, family, work, passions, life now, the future, stress, what if, and much more.
Do you ever wonder what to ask your partner apart from, “How was your day?”
Show them how much you care and pick up these 401 fun discussion questions for couples. Whether an ocean or a dinner table separates you, this book will…
- Spark fresh conversations and make you laugh
- Help you learn a lot of new things about each other (yes, no matter how long you’ve been together)
- Make talking together easy and fun
- Help you talk about topics you’ve been nervous to bring up
- Draw you closer together and build the kind of intimacy that really matters—the kind that lasts
Why asking good questions is a superpower
Think about someone you want to have a better, closer relationship with. Maybe this person is someone you’ve recently started dating. Maybe you’ve been married to them for a decade already. Maybe they are a good friend.
In every scenario, there is a superpower skill that will help you get to know this person better—something that will encourage them to relax and open up, share honestly, and deepen and strengthen your relationship.
That superpower skill is “asking good questions”. When you ask and answer thoughtful questions, you can:
- Learn what makes someone tick, and how you are similar and different to them in important ways
- Avoid some painful misunderstandings and miscommunications
- Identify likely areas of tension or conflict before they catch you by surprise
- Learn to talk through disagreements in ways that help you, rather than hurt you
- Build a strong sense of security, love, and trust
One minute to download = dozens of fun date nights
The questions in this book are organized into 19 chapters for easy reference. Here is a peek at the first six chapters:
- For Fun: Desert Island And What If? Light-hearted questions that ask you to dream, play, imagine and laugh.
- Today: A dozen alternatives to: “How was your day?”
- Life Right Now: About who you are right now in life.
- What Do You Think? What you think about life, love, lying, and everything in between.
- Tell Them: A chance to share your own thoughts and memories… about them.
- Highlights and Lowlights: About the extremes—the highs and lows—of life.
Additional chapters will help you explore childhood, your family, your work, study and passions, stress, the future, and more.
Free Bonus: Ten Games To Get You Talking
401 Great Discussion Questions can keep you talking, laughing, thinking, and sharing for hours. But just in case using a book of discussion questions feels a bit strange, or you’re not sure where to start, we’ve included a free bonus for you.
Ten Games To Get You Talking gives you ten fun ways to use this book. Playing one of these games can banish any weirdness, and allow you both to relax and enjoy connecting, sharing, and growing closer in all the ways that matter most.
Praise for 201 Great Discussion Questions
“This book is personable, easy to read, and helpful. My husband and have been together ten years and this is the first we are separated geographically for a significant amount of time. Even with our history, long distance is a whole new ballgame. Learning to stay connected is key. I was surprised at how many questions we found here that we had never before addressed. Answering them little by little has added a fresh sense of intimacy. Lisa & Mike write from experience and offer long distance relationships the unique support and nurturing they need.”
– Christine Martin (Amazon Reviewer)
“My boyfriend and I just finished this book. We would read some questions each time we talk on the phone. The questions range from light hearted and will give you something to laugh about; to serious questions that really make you think. There are even a few questions that may have you saying, Oh my! Can I really say that?”
– HoneyBunny (Amazon Reviewer)